Bringing climbing to the LGBTQ community of New York since 2008.
CRUX Climbing is a non-profit rock climbing organization dedicated to improving the mental and physical health of the LGBTQ community by providing a supportive environment for participation, education, and competition. Read more about our mission here.
CRUX climbs every week on Monday and Friday nights at Brooklyn Boulders plus extra events each month at MPHC Climbing Gym and other gyms around NYC. All CRUX events are posted on our event page. PLEASE NOTE: some events are member-only events or have other restrictions. Please see the event calendar for details and always RSVP!
Regular climbing events:
- Member Mole (mo-lay) Mondays: For CRUX members only. Every Monday at Brooklyn Boulders. Climbing 7-10pm, then head to Oaxaca for tacos. You must know how to belay or plan to only boulder. (See Getting Started for the different types of climbing). CRUX members get a gym pass and gear rental for $19 (special CRUX rate).
- Friday Night Climbs: Every Friday at Brooklyn Boulders. Climbing 7-10pm, then head to Canal Bar for drinks and pizza. You must know how to belay or plan to only boulder. CRUX members get a gym pass and gear rental for $19 (special CRUX rate).
- Newbie Nights: The first Friday of each month at Brooklyn Boulders. Climbing 7-10pm, then head to Canal Bar for drinks and pizza. This is the the time for total beginners to check out rock climbing and CRUX. Our volunteers help newcomers get comfortable on the wall. You must RSVP and arrive before 7:30pm to get the special CRUX rate of $19 for a gym pass and gear rental.
- City Saturday / Sunday: Scheduled a few times a month at MPHC Climbing Gym in Manhattan. Check the event calendar for dates. Gym pass plus gear rental for $20. Add a Learn to Belay class for an additional $10 (special CRUX rates). After climbing, head to Hallo Berlin for Sausages and beer.
- Outdoor Climbs: All-level and advanced trips are held throughout the year in New York and interstate. Check the events page for upcoming events.