(Click here to go directly to the membership form)
What does your membership support?
- Annual Pride events
- Volunteer climbs for groups like Ali Forney and Green Chimneys
- Community outreach and improvement projects like trail maintenance
- Promotional materials for CRUX and special events
- The superb CRUX website and event management system
- An Executive Director to make sure all the amazing things CRUX does keep happening!
- 2015 member nametag
- Invitations to special member-only events (like the pre-opening party at The Cliffs)
- Discounted memberships at Brooklyn Boulders and The Cliffs LIC (click here for details)
- Free belay classes at The Cliffs (during CRUX events and only with the purchase of a day pass; pre-registration with the CRUX Indoor Coordinator for The Cliffs is required)
- 50% discount on The Cliffs’ learn-to-lead class (Sport Lead Basics) — only where it is organized by CRUX specifically for CRUX members; pre-registration with the CRUX Indoor Coordinator for The Cliffs is required
- Access to CRUX Outdoor Trips
- Access to CRUX Indoor Events
- Discount coupons for EMS (when available)
CRUX Membership: $50 Receive all of the benefits listed above
Hardship / Student Membership: $35 Receive all of the benefits listed above
Silver membership: $100 Receive all of the benefits listed above PLUS recognition as a “supporter” on the website and an invitation to an annual supporter event
Gold membership: $250 Receive all of benefits of Silver membership PLUS free entry to the holiday party
Platinum membership: $500 receive all benefits of Gold Membership PLUS either two (2) tickets to the BANFF Mountain Film Festival OR a weekend stay at Rumney (D’Acres) for either Memorial Day or Labor Day
*** by upgrading to a silver, gold, or platinum membership you not only get more benefits, you are also helping to ensure that CRUX can continue to run indoor events around NYC, provide subsidized technique classes and outdoor climbing experiences for members, provide events, mentoring and free pizza for at-risk youth and be able to negotiate great membership rates at gyms (and much more)***
Special thanks to our 2015 Platinum, Gold, and Silver supporters:
- Nick B.
- Evan G.
- Matt M.
- Sara S.
- Nathan T.
- Alex C.
- Eric B.
- Matthew K.
- Kevin L.
- Rob M.
- Kristen R.
- Jackie S.
- Linda K.
- Matt A.
- Michael L.
- Dahlia B.
- Liz B.
- Joe C.
- Sean H.
- jenny l.
- Victor M.
- Mike P.
- Seth S.
- Shiva G.
- Lauren H.
- Julian A.
- Dannette M.
Membership fees are tax deductible
Notes about the form:
Complete the membership form and included liability waiver, you’ll then to taken to PayPal where you can submit your membership payment. If you would prefer to pay by cash or check send an email to email@example.com for details.
CRUX runs on the support of volunteers and membership fees. We hope that you’ll join us as a member and help us continue to grow CRUX and the LGBTQ climbing community of New York!
*Note: All memberships, regardless of level, are for the current calendar year only. All memberships expire on December 31st of the year payment is received. Doing this streamlines our process, and also allows us to run membership and renewal specials for all of CRUX. It’s a good thing. Membership renewals will open December 1st for the following calendar year.